Inventory & Leak Detection
Digital inventory and leak detection probes provide accurate tank level monitoring and reporting with optional leak detection capabilities. These probes employ digital magnetostrictive position measurement technology for highly accurate tank readings.
Mitigate Static Friction
With any probe, naturally occurring static friction between the float and the probe shaft can cause the float to remain in place when the product level drops and even when it rises.Our digital probes feature a unique and innovative vibration motor mounted inside the probe head. Every 5 minutes, the vibration motor automatically pulses. This frees the floats from any static friction with the probe shaft and mitigates the negative effects static friction can have on level readings or leak detection accuracy.
Bottom Mount Installation
With no hanging installation kit needed, the probe can simply be placed in the tank riser and rested on the tank bottom.
The probe automatically sends important setup data to the tank gauge eliminating manual input by technicians. This data includes:
- Operating temperature: -40° to 140 °F (-40° to 60 °C)
- Storage temperature: -40° to 158 °F (-40° to 70 °C)
- Non-linearity: ±0.025% of full scale
- Repeatability: ±0.001″
- Temperature sensors: 5 thermistors located in the shaft
- Temperature resolution: ±0.02 °F (±0.01 °C)
- Probe pigtail: 10′ long three conductor cables with shields and polyurethane jacket
- Compatible with up to three floats for product, water, phase separation detection, or density measurement.
- Compatible with Franklin Fueling Systems tank gauges including: TS-550 evo™, TS-5000 evo™, TS-5, TS-550, TS-5000, Colibri®, TS-1001/2011/750/504/508.
- UL & cUL listed, ATEX, IECEx
Digital probes feature exceptional linearity, resolution, and stability, and are used in underground and aboveground storage tanks. Two types of probes are available for the following applications:
- The leak detection probes are typically used for underground storage tanks and petroleum applications when static or SCALD leak detection is required.
- The inventory control probes are typically used for aboveground storage tanks, chemical or oil waste, or underground storage tanks that do not require in-tank leak detection.
- Probe head
- Bottom mount fitting
- Probe shaft
- Product float
- 2” or 4” gas, diesel or phase separation water floats
- Precision or standard density float
- LPG float
- Chemical float
Leak Detection Probes
|FMP-LL3-29||2’ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-41||3’ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-53||4’ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-65||5’ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-69||5’4″ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-77||6′ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-81||6’4″ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-89||7′ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-101||8′ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-113||9′ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-125||10′ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-131||10’6″ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-137||11′ digital leak detection probe|
|FMP-LL3-149||12′ digital leak detection probe|
Inventory Control Probes
|FMP-LL3-29-I||2’ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-41-I||3’ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-53-I||4’ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-65-I||5’ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-69-I||5’4″ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-77-I||6′ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-81-I||6’4″ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-89-I||7′ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-101-I||8′ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-113-I||9′ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-125-I||10′ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-131-I||10’6″ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-137-I||11′ digital inventory control probe|
|FMP-LL3-149-I||12′ digital inventory control probe|